You can request the following, if you miss your connection due to the delay of the previous train:
- If a delay of at least 60 minutes is forseeable and you want to make the journey, you can request a rebooking on another train free of charge. Some railway companies cancel the train commitment. You can choose a new connection yourself under comparable transport conditions. Some railway companies require a seat reservation for the alternative connection, e. g. for the TGV in France. The railway company is obliged to provide you with the seat reservation free of charge.
- If the railway company does not offer an alternative connection within 100 minutes, you can book the alternative connection yourself and charge the costs to the railway company. You can also buy a ticket from another railway company or from a bus company. Please note: The cost of a flight is not refundable
- A compensation of 25 % of the ticket price, if you arrive at your destination station 60 to 119 minutes late, and 50 % of the ticket price, if you arrive with a delay of 120 minutes or more.
The railway company is not obliged to pay compensation if the delay is due to extraordinary circumstances (extreme weather conditions) or due to the fault of the passenger or due to the behaviour of a third party (persons on the track, sabotage).
- You are not entitled to reimbursement of any additional expenses incurred at your destination as a result of missing your connection (e.g. rental car, hotel accomodation).
- Reimbursement of the ticket price and return transport to the starting station in the event of a foreseeable delay of 60 minutes if you had to interrupt your journey. The refund must be paid within 30 days.